• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

thickett lookup please

ageless

hi everyone, i need help with a lookup.looking for any info on elizabeth thickett ,born 1837 gleadless,sheffield fathers name john thickett,mothers name was mary marples.any help will be appreciated.regards john:) :)

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Ageless,

This could be them in 1841

Civil parish Handsworth
Registration dist Sheffield

Address Commonside Gleadlys? could be Gleadless

John Thickett age 40 occ ag. lab not born in county
Mary Thickett age 35 not born in county
Sarah Thickett age 10 not born in county
Ann Thickett age 8 not born in county
Mary Thickett age 6 not born in county
Elizth Thickett age 4 born in county

Ancestry has made a total mess of the indexing for the 1841 census. It has other householders Edmund Winter 5 of them and 2 Edward Winters

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
This could be Elizabeth in 1851 although her place of birth is Headley? Derbyshire same county that John was born in

Civil parish Sheffield

Address 43, Howard Street

Benjamin Norton head age 32 occ file manufacturer
Sarah wife age 31
John Hides age 4 stepson
Elizabeth Thickett age 13 serv

Again the indexing is messed up. If you want to look at the census image suggest you put the details in the main box on the home page not the individual census years.

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Ageless,

Hopefully I've got it right this time. They had been transcribed as Tricket though it could be taken by that name by looking at the census image.

Civil parish Handsworth

John Tricket head age 61 occ ag lab born T--------Derbyshire
Mary wife age 55 born Baslow? Derbyshire
John J Tricket age 3 g/son born Gleadless Yorkshire

Cant find Elizabeth at the moment could she have been married by this time.

ageless

hi julie,i,am very sorrry if i caused confusion,i will try in the future to get the right forum.thank you for the information regarding elizabeth thickett,i think you are right her about being married,or not married as the case maybe.i know she had a son my great grandad john thickett 1857.and yes i would like other census info about thickett familly,it would be very much appreciated...kind regards john

Last edited:

ageless

:) hi julie.it seems like that is the case,i will have to other census years to try and find her.i have other avenues to go down,children,siblings.other parts of mums family to research,so iwill be calling for your assistance again.thank you for your time and help..regards john

Last edited: