• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

This has been puzzling me for some time

duckweed

Loyal Member
I have a Harriet Dulsibella Walker born in 1827 in Sheffield. She married Job Bullivant in 1870 in Sheffield and then went to live with him in Rotherham. I'm assuming this is her second marriage and that Walker is her first husbands surname as I can't find anyone suitable in baptismal records. Trouble is I can't find a previous marriage record or previous census records. So where was she in 1841, 1851 and 1861?

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Duckweed,

In 1851 there is a Harriett Walker born abt 1829 Sheffield with a William Walker.

Have you her marriage cert to Job to see if says Late Walker formerly -------
thats if she mentioned she was married before.

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Duckweed,

Think I may have found her in 1861. On the 1871 census she gives her pob as East Bank. When putting in East Bank (no name) year of birth 1827 with 5yrs either side a Harriot Walker comes up with husband Robert Walker born abt 1788, it does say wife for Harriot on the census image and they are living in the civil parish of Rotherham.

Class RG9
Piece 3504
Folio 8
Page 10

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

I take it you dont have the marriage cert yet? If not, it would be a good idea to get it as this will contain quite a lot of info including their fathers names and occupations.

Ben

duckweed

Loyal Member
I've seen the parish record for her marriage to Job but it wasn't very useful. I think you're right I will have to get the marriage certificate and see if its anymore detailed.