• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Thomas Barlow 1796-1864, Hannah Barlow 1813-1864

If I knew how to add an image to the post I could show a line from the record!!

Do you need a Host like photo bucket to hold the image?

Mike.

If you attach a file then this site reduces the size of the file hence the resolution suffers. If you host the file on a site then you can insert the img link to the file.

Baptism record Thomas Barlow.jpg

Hopefully this is the attachment that shows the line in the record referred to in my previous post.

"I can't see any links to Halton or a Dorothy.

Does it say in what context Dorothy of Halton is?

Geoff"

Mike.

Last edited:
Hi Mike

The problem I'm having here is, that we haven't proved Thomas and Hannah's marriage necessarily, and, we haven't found either of them in 1841. We are not sure when he was b. i.e. 1796 or 1806.

The 1861 census says b. 1796 Wrexham and mar. but Hannah is not with him.

The 1851 census says Hannah b. Erbistock and mar. but Thomas (husband) is not with her.

Richard was b. 1839 Wales, Jane was b. 1841 Liverpool, if parents were together that puts them in England in 1841.

Then, John b. 1843 Wales.

Geoff

I have done further research on FMP and find:

Hannah (Evans): Baptism, 1813, Erbistock, Denbighshire. Could this be Hannah Barlow?

Thomas Barlow: Baptism, 1806, Wrexham. Denbighshire. Ten years after his berth!!?

To get any further I have to spend cash or get a 2 week free membership.

Mike.

Hannah's birth looks quite good and fits with the 1851 census.

Could still be the same Thomas, not unusual to be bap. at 10y, may even be an error in the census.

Geoff

Found this on FS, but I can't find the full census. It says the image is viewable on FMP.

Quote:
Name: Thos Barlow
Event Type: Census
Event Date: 1841
Birthplace:
Schedule Type: Household
Registration District: Corwen
Sub-District: Corwen
Parish: Llangollen
County: Denbighshire. End Quote.

Geoff

Thanks Geoff, I have seen the transcript for the marriage certificate for Thomas and Hannah.

I am now not sure I have the correct Thomas Barlow:

Children shown on the 1861 census for Thomas Barlow:

Thomas Barlow 65
Thomas Barlow 25
Robt Barlow 24
John Barlow 18
Frances Barlow 14
Alfred W Barlow 9

Children shown on the 1851 census for Hannah Barlow

Hannah Barlow 38
Ann E Barlow 20
Mary Barlow 17
Thomas Barlow 15
Robert Barlow 14
Richard Barlow 12
Jane Barlow 10
John Barlow 8
Frances Barlow 4

Different set of children - strange!!

To find the correct Thomas Barlow:
I have a John Barlow B 1842 Wrexham July-Sept - cannot find any baptism record in order to establish the father - Thomas

Any clues.

Mike.

Thanks Geoff, I have seen the transcript for the marriage certificate for Thomas and Hannah.

I am now not sure I have the correct Thomas Barlow:

Children shown on the 1861 census for Thomas Barlow:

Thomas Barlow 65
Thomas Barlow 25
Robt Barlow 24
John Barlow 18
Frances Barlow 14
Alfred W Barlow 9

Children shown on the 1851 census for Hannah Barlow

Hannah Barlow 38
Ann E Barlow 20
Mary Barlow 17
Thomas Barlow 15
Robert Barlow 14
Richard Barlow 12
Jane Barlow 10
John Barlow 8
Frances Barlow 4

Different set of children - strange!!

To find the correct Thomas Barlow:
I have a John Barlow B 1842 Wrexham July-Sept - cannot find any baptism record in order to establish the father - Thomas

Any clues.

Mike.

I wouldn't discount them as 2 different families, there are too may likenesses.

The Thomas Barlow born/bap. 1806 is traceable in the censuses and doesn't appear to have any links to your Thomas, he could still be a relative, born in the same area. He looks to have married a Sarah.

So we are back to Thomas b. c 1796.

The John Barlow b. 1842 Wrexham could well be yours, fits with the 1861 census. This does look like the family. Still odd that we can't find any sign of any of them in 1841, yet.

Geoff

Thanks Geoff, There is another John Barlow 3-up on the index born Holywell at the same time!! confusing, I have discounted this John Barlow. It would be nice to prove Thomas Barlow b 1796 is John Barlow b 1842 father. I suppose the only way? is to get the birth certificate.

Mike

Back