• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Thomas Bilbe 1841 Census

Edward

Valued Member
Please could you look up Thomas Bilbe he was I think living in North Fleet Kent at this time. He should be living with:-

Wife Eliza Ann
Daughter Francis
Son Thomas
Daughter Sarah

But may not be there are two Thomas Bilbes born in Sheerness so this one may be the other Thomas born 1811 rather than the one I am looking for born 1803.

The other Thomas has wife Jane.

I suspect that the two are related but have not found a connection as yet.

Many Thanks

Ed:)

duckweed

Loyal Member
I've found him in Rotherhithe, Southwark.
Thomas Bilbe Shipwright 35
Eliza wife 35 (both not of this county)
Sarah 10 (of the county)
Elisa 12 ditto
Thomas 5 ditto
Frances 1 ditto
also Sarah Chappell 78 (not of this county)

The Bilbes in Northfleet are not from Kent and same occupation
Thomas 50 shipwright
Jane 20 (possibly daughter or daughter in law?)
Thomas 20
Mary Brunt 1 (not sure if she's connected to this family)

Edward

Valued Member
Many Thanks for looking this up for me!:)

Just goes to show that you have to check every thing you are told by other researchers with the base records.

There are far to many Bilbes called Thomas around considering that their aren't many Bilbes.:(

Thanks

Ed

duckweed

Loyal Member
Found in Family Search that they had a son Thomas born 26th April 1827 christened St Mary Rotherhithe 20 may 1827 and died 15 March 1829.
2nd Thomas born 4 sept 1835 baptised St Mary Rotherhithe 15 Nov 1835. By the way ages in 1841 census are not always accurate, ennumerators had a tendency to round off ages so best to check parish records if possible.

Edward

Valued Member
Hi,

Many Thanks I hadn't found the first Thomas who died in 1829.

I also notice the the census entry is confusing as Frances Sarah has become Sarah. and Sarah Frances has become Frances when they are normaly named by their first names.

I have christening records for Eliza and Thomas but not for Frances born 1831 which is anoying as she is my ancestor.

Many Thanks

Ed