• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Thomas Bilbe

Edward

Valued Member
Hi,

I am looking for the marriage of Thomas Bilbe between 1859 and 1864.

He married Jane Westbrook ???? [Surname unknown]

She died Jane Westbrook Bilbe in 1896.

I have looked the marriage up on Free BMD and found two marriages for Thomas Bilbe during this period. Both records have three entries on the page so one of the partners is missing from the data and neither have Jane Westbrooke shown.

Many Thanks

Ed:)

I think I found the same thomas Bilbe's as you, I also found more Jane Westbrook but I could not seem to match the registery year, let alone months with any of the thomas, I did however find a Jane Westbrook that register in 1866, Jul, Aug, Sep Basingstoke, Berkshire, and I noticed that she was from the same area as you are now. But I did not know if they were then.

Edward

Valued Member
Hi,

Thanks for looking I found the entry for Jane Westbrook in Basingstoke this morning but Westbrook is her surname where as it is my Janes second christian name I would expect that it was her Mother surname so could be the same family.

Jane came from Andover Hampshire according to the 1871 Census so very close to where I am now.

Oh well I will keep looking to try to find the date of the marriage.

Thanks

Ed