• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Thomas brown

michelle28

I have hit a brick wall and honestly dont know where to look next :'(

I am searching for information regarding my great x 3 grandfather.
What I do know, I found on the marriage register and his son's birth certificate.
He was born in 1827 at Liverpool, England. I have no idea when he came to Australia or why, (which is what I am looking for) but he was married St Peters Church, Bourke Victoria on 9 August 1852. His occupation was listed as a stationer , age 39
He married ANNIE GEE POTTS from Nottingham England. She came to Australia in 1851 with her sister as unassisted passage.
Their first and only son ARTHUR ERNEST BROWN was born 14 years later in 1866 at Ballarat West.
ANNIE died 30 Nov 1881 age 46 at Waterloo in Sydney. Her death certificate states Thomas Brown as her husband but does not state if he was deceased or not. The informant was William Shaw (friend of the deceased). Im wondering what happened to Thomas Brown. If anyonce can help I will be eternally grateful as I am afraid I have reach the end of the line.
Thank you
Michelle Brown