• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Thomas CONNELL

gaelwyn

Valued Member
I'm looking for his arrival in 1853 into Sydney. Have had no luck :(

Thomas was born about 1825....possibly Irish ??
I know that parents names were Thomas and Mary, from his death registration of 1860.

Gail :)

gibbo

Loyal Member
The article in the paper dated 1860 about his death states He bad been seven years in tbs colony, and was married about six years ago;

We know he married in 1854. As for his arrival i would be checking a couple of years before 1853 as well. Maybe with some different spelling of the name Connell such as O'Connell etc. A lot seem to have also come in through Victoria.

I had a look and couldnt find anything that appeared to be his arrival.

gaelwyn

Valued Member
The article in the paper dated 1860 about his death states He bad been seven years in tbs colony, and was married about six years ago;

We know he married in 1854. As for his arrival i would be checking a couple of years before 1853 as well. Maybe with some different spelling of the name Connell such as O'Connell etc. A lot seem to have also come in through Victoria.

I had a look and couldnt find anything that appeared to be his arrival.

Yeah, thanks Gibbo :)

I checked the online passenger lists and got eyestrain :rolleyes: ....I'll go back and look at similar names, like Connor :rolleyes: :D