• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

thomas cookson marriage

jack

Hi there,

I am looking for a marriage for Thomas Cookson who was born 1874 in Whitehaven and died 1915 in Grays, Essex. He was the son of John Cookson B1821/2 in Kendal and Jane Watson B1832. They died in 1910 and 1920 respectively.
His first child was born about 1860 or 1863 in Langdale, Westmorland.

Many thanks

Regards
Jackie

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Jackie,

I've had a look on the marriage index and there are quite a few Thomas Cooksons. Found him in Lancashire in 1901, so its hard to determine where he married.

jack

Hi Julie,

Sorry, looking back i see i have put half info of one thomas, and half of the other. Lets try again.
Thomas Cookson B1874 White Haven D1915 Grays Essex. He was a verger.
His child was Thomas Henry Cookson B1912 in Westham and D1-7-1998 Tyne & Wear.

Hope this is better to find.
Regards
Jackie

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Jackie,

Seeing the reply to your other posting reminded me of your Thomas Cookson. Do you know Thomas (born 1874) middle name is? There is a marriage for a Thomas Joseph G Cookson district West Ham spouse Mabel Florence Lear (there is a son born 1912 Thomas (W) Cookson district West Ham).

jack

Hi Julie,

I have seen mention of these parents, but my Thomas, was Thomas Henry Cookson. He was also born 1912. His father was Thomas (possibly Thomas James) Cookson. His grandfather was John Cookson born 1822 Westmorland married to Jane Watson in 1861.

Regards
Jackie

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Jackie,

I'm going round in circles with this one.

There are 2 Thomas Cooksons born district Whitehaven.

1. Thomas Cookson year 1874
2. Thomas James Cookson year 1873

On the 1881 there is a Thomas Cookson with parents John (ironminer) and Jane. The other one I cant find. So is this Thomas born 1874 (although the year given on the census is 1874) or is it Thomas James born 1873.

Confused