• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

thomas hawkins.

can anyone help me please find where my great grandfather was born and who his family may be, i have hit a brick wall with this thank you,would like to know if the family are on the 1861 and 1871 censuses at all,grandfathers name was
thomas hawkins,b 1859,hull east yorkshire?his father was called michael hawkins. could be possible he was not born in hull, on the 1881 census i find him
living in sheffield water lane he his 22years old and married to a mary ann brady,
with there daughter margaret hawkins age 1 year old she was my grandmother.
thomas was a hawker, if any one can help me i will be most greatful......
my kindest regards...........jean...........:)

I have a Thomas Hawkins born 1859 in or around Oxfordshire, I think its a diff. family. I have his father as James however I have him married to mary ann as well as a son called George Charles HAWKINS

can anyone help me please find where my great grandfather was born and who his family may be, i have hit a brick wall with this thank you,would like to know if the family are on the 1861 and 1871 censuses at all,grandfathers name was
thomas hawkins,b 1859,hull east yorkshire?his father was called michael hawkins. could be possible he was not born in hull, on the 1881 census i find him
living in sheffield water lane he his 22years old and married to a mary ann brady,
with there daughter margaret hawkins age 1 year old she was my grandmother.
thomas was a hawker, if any one can help me i will be most greatful......
my kindest regards...........jean...........:)

Hi This is the possible marriage in 1890

Mary Ann Brady Jan-Feb-Mar 1890 Hull Yorkshire East Riding ref 9d 370
Thomas Hawkins Jan-Feb-Mar 1890 Hull Yorkshire East Riding
Rosannah Kirby Jan-Feb-Mar 1890 Hull Yorkshire East Riding
William O'brian Jan-Feb-Mar 1890 Hull Yorkshire East Riding

dave

Of the three census returns I can find them, Thomas is born in Hull on all three 1881/91/1901, Mary Ann his wife is born Doncaster on 1881/1901
In 1891 there are three children Margaret 11, Mary A 9 and Helen 7. Margaret and Mary born Sheffield, Helen in Hull
On 1901 census Thomas is on his own aged 44, a green grocer Hawker, Margaret married in 1900, Helen was not found, and mother Mary Ann 40 was living with her married dau Mary Ann Feetam 19
I can find a Hawkins family in Hull in 1861/71, but not with child Thomas.

I still have reservations about Thomas's marriage. It was 10 years after the first child and after a further two were born. Do you have confirmation that his wife was Mary Brady?

dave

Last edited: