• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Thomas & Helen ANGEL - Dumbartonshire

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
I'm looking for Thomas ANGEL age abt 81 born Paisley, Renfrew (although some census say born England) and spouse Helen age abt 70 born Irvine, Ayrshire (some census say Argyllshire) in the 1901 census in Dumbartonshire.

These are the 1891 details but the family appears in a different address in every census from 1841 so they may be of no help. Of course both may have died although I can't find a death for either of them in SP, and there are not many ANGEL in Scotland.

Registration Number: 493
Registration district: Bonhill
Civil Parish: Bonhill
County: Dumbartonshire
Address: 30 Dalvait Road

Thanks

Fred

Hi Dave,

I am sorry but I could not even find a census for the 1901 scotland, they was where they were in 1891 so if he was still alive a would guess that is why he can't be found, I don't know if anyone could come up with that census or not sorry:'( :'( :'( :'( Joyce

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
I'm looking for Thomas ANGEL age abt 81 born Paisley, Renfrew (although some census say born England) and spouse Helen age abt 70 born Irvine, Ayrshire (some census say Argyllshire) in the 1901 census in Dumbartonshire.

These are the 1891 details but the family appears in a different address in every census from 1841 so they may be of no help. Of course both may have died although I can't find a death for either of them in SP, and there are not many ANGEL in Scotland.

Registration Number: 493
Registration district: Bonhill
Civil Parish: Bonhill
County: Dumbartonshire
Address: 30 Dalvait Road

Thanks

Fred
Could they have emigrated, America/Australia, or even moved to England.

Steve.:)

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello 'joyceawood17',

Thanks for looking. The family name is rare in Scotland but they are proving very difficult to trace. I have found English connections I didn't know of originally and I should not be too surprised I suppose considering ANGEL is much more common a name in England.

Regards,

Dave

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello Steve,

Brothers Stephen and Samuel went to Victoria, Australia when they were much younger. I doubt at age 70 in 1891 Thomas went outside Scotland.

The small family is proving very difficult to track down. I have dates for some events but can't find anything to support them. For example, his mother died 5 Nov 1831 in childbirth in Paisley but I can't find any record. His father Thomas served 1803-1821 in the 40th Regiment and the 4th Royal Veteran, was 36 when discharged in 1821, and died somewhere in 1835.

Regards,

Dave

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello Steve,

Brothers Stephen and Samuel went to Victoria, Australia when they were much younger. I doubt at age 70 in 1891 Thomas went outside Scotland.

The small family is proving very difficult to track down. I have dates for some events but can't find anything to support them. For example, his mother died 5 Nov 1831 in childbirth in Paisley but I can't find any record. His father Thomas served 1803-1821 in the 40th Regiment and the 4th Royal Veteran, was 36 when discharged in 1821, and died somewhere in 1835.

Regards,

Dave
Hi Dave
As soon as I pushed the button I realised. Doh

Steve.:)

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello juliejtp,

Thanks for looking. This one is at a standstill so I'll work on some other part of my tree instead.

Regards,

Dave

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaveHam9 1901 Census Request 0
DaveHam9 Australia & New Zealand Genealogy Roots 1
DaveHam9 English Genealogy Roots 22
DaveHam9 1881 Census Request 0
DaveHam9 Deaths 7
DaveHam9 Births 8