• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Thomas Louch & Susanna Wiles

trace

Valued Member
Can anyone help with a marriage for these please?

Thomas Louch b Oct 1839 Shinfield Berks d 1906
Susanna Wiles b Mar 1843 Rodmersham d 1920

Both on 1871 Census as single, first child born 27 Jun 1871....

Have other info - just can't locate a marriage - thanks.

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello trace

I don't know if location fits but I found this one. I can't find the missing one yet. I've tried assuming either error in volume or page but no luck so far.

Marriages Mar 1868
Holden Thomas Ipswich 4a 733 ***
Stevens Charlotte Ipswich 4a 733 ***
Wiles Susannah Ipswich 4a 733

Extracted IGI record
Thomas HOLDEN & Charlotte STEVENS
Marriage: 15 Jan 1868 Saint Matthew, Ipswich, Suffolk

Regards,

Dave

oznannie

Loyal Member
Hi Peeps :)
1881 census in Sittingbourne Kent
Thomas is 42, Susanna 37 born Rodmersham Kent.
Their eldest child is Albert V 9yrs bn Brompton Msex
Arthur E 4 bn Gloucs, Ernest 1 bn Kent.
They certainly moved around. Worth noting when looking for marriage.

Susanna Wiles in 1851 is the daughter of Isaac & Eliza.
1871 she was a servant in Dover Kent aged 28yrs

oznannie

Last edited:

trace

Valued Member
Thanks Dave...

Thomas was in service with Chute family so they moved around - Hampshire / Kent etc.

They both declare they are single in 1871 Census yet she must have been about 5 or 6mths pregnant! I do wonder if they actually got married.....

oznannie

Loyal Member
Hi DaveH
great find in 1868, we have 2 brides and only one groom which you have accounted for.
Now we need to find the missing bridegroom, incorrect volume and page, just to clarify.
Maybe a waste of time if they were both single in 1871??

ozn

victor

Hi DaveH
great find in 1868, we have 2 brides and only one groom which you have accounted for.
Now we need to find the missing bridegroom, incorrect volume and page, just to clarify.
Maybe a waste of time if they were both single in 1871??

ozn
Hi I am new to this website but see you are talking about my great grandparents - I also cannot find their marraige certificate but would love to talk about them

victor

Hi Victor/Trace

welcome

to the forum

I've seen both parties in 1871, both servants, (Thomas as Souch) and both single,

the first child on the 1881 census was Albert in 1872 so you would expect the marriage would be 1871/72 but I've tried every combination I can think of, on 5 websites without luck.

If you have questions, I suggest you start a new thread, so that any replies are relevant

dave

victor

Hi,
these are my great grandparents and their 2nd son is my dads dad but was wondering who is the person looking for this info also and where do they fit in in this family please victor
Hi Victor/Trace

welcome

to the forum

I've seen both parties in 1871, both servants, (Thomas as Souch) and both single,

the first child on the 1881 census was Albert in 1872 so you would expect the marriage would be 1871/72 but I've tried every combination I can think of, on 5 websites without luck.

If you have questions, I suggest you start a new thread, so that any replies are relevant
victor
dave

Hi Victor

the poster was member TRACE. Once you have made three posts, ie another one, soon after your user name turns green. You would then be able to send Trace a private message.
Once your name is green, go to the beginning of this thread, select TRACE's user name, then click on 'send a private message'. This will then put a message in her in box, and notify her it's there by email.

good luck
dave

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello victor,

Click on this link and enter trace as the recipient, enter a title, and press the submit message button when you are done.

HERE

Regards,

Dave

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaveHam9 1901 Census Request 4
DaveHam9 Australia & New Zealand Genealogy Roots 1
DaveHam9 English Genealogy Roots 22
DaveHam9 1881 Census Request 0
DaveHam9 Deaths 7
DaveHam9 Births 8