• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Thomas Musgrave death. Closing in.

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

I might have to just write to the PA State Archives to see if Thomas Musgrave my 3xgreat grandfather died after January 1906 when civil reg began, but I have refreshed myself a bit and it looks like I have traced his movements after the 1900 census.

In 1900 he was at North Fayette Township aged 72, a retired man living with daughter Elizabeth Sutherland and son in law Robert Sutherland and grandchildren James Sutherland and Mary Ellen Wilson.

In March 1901 Mary Ellen Wilson married and a local newspaper note says they married in the brides home town which was McDonald, which is a town which is partly in North Fayette, Allegheny and partly in Washington county.

She probably left home then.

A baby child of hers died in 1902 at Belgium Hill, Cecil, Allegheny not far from McDonald.

In March 1906 Robert Sutherland died in the part of McDonald which was in North Fayette Township. In the 1910 census Elizabeth is back with her daughter Mary Ellen Wilson Saix in Washington town, Washington County, PA.

So it looks like Thomas Musgrave died in McDonald, North Fayette or Washington.

If he died inbetween June 1900 and March 1906 then he would have died in Allegheny and if after March 1906 either Allegheny or Washington. He was dead by the 1910 census.

Ben

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Re: Thomas Musgrave death. Closing in. UPDATE.

UPDATE.

A very good friend in America has looked up through the death indexes of all deaths in Allegheny 1900-1905 and Thomas is not listed so this means he had to have died inbetween Jan 1906 and the April 1910 census. Jan 1906 is when deaths in PA began to be registered. I shall have to write to the State Archives and ask for a death cert lookup.

His son in law died in 1906.