• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Thomas Smith marriage Manchester

I am so hoping that someone can help me with this mystery: I am researching a Winifred Bridget Smith, born in 1908, Manchester. Although it is fairly certain that she was born there to Thomas Smith and Margaret Jones (information from Winifred's marriage info - Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, 1930 and from immigration info, 1921), I can find NOTHING that actually proves her birthdate. This is not a particular concern to me because I do know her birthdate (from her grandson) but I can find no proof, either, of when or where Thomas and Margaret married, though they show up regularly on Census records with their growing family. They were Roman Catholic and of Irish descent. The 1911 Census indicated they had been married 25 years. Although it would be wonderful if someone could find this information for me, I would be just as pleased at some suggestions of where I might continue to look...or why I might not be able to locate the information.
Thanks.
Katie