• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Thomas

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
After having a look thats his whole name.

Military - 1912
Du Mayne Swinfield Thomas
Born 1894 Cardiff Glamorganshire
Grenadiar Guards
Military Regiment 15895

Marriage - 1915 - Pontypridd Glamorganshire Wales
Possible Spouse
Louisa H Pendrey

Last edited:
Hi,
Am I talking to Julie? I am very new to this site. I have a block for dumayne he changes his name to Stanley Edward Carson to marry my grandmother in 1922 Doris Gwendoline Hobbs. I am trying to find him after he came out of jail. he had many bigamist marriages, one being to my grandmother. Their son my dad has just turned 94 and i am tyring to find a picture of Dumayne Thomas. He lost the medals he gained in WW1 due to being a deserter and hitting his officer. I remember an article in the Welsh paper about him stealing from a shop as a small boy but having trouble finding that again.
thank you for your research

Regards
Kerrie

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
There’s a family tree with his death 1967. Couldn’t find him under Du Mayne Swinfield Thomas on the death index. Seeing that he also used the name Swinfield Thomas, there is a death registration Henley - 1967 for a Swinfield Thomas, age 76, making his year of birth around 1891/92, 1 - 2 years out.

Last edited:

gibbo

Loyal Member
There’s a family tree with his death 1967. Couldn’t find him under Du Mayne Swinfield Thomas on the death index. Seeing that he also used the name Swinfield Thomas, there is a death registration Henley - 1967 for a Swinfield Thomas, age 76, making his year of birth around 1891/92, 1 - 2 years out. You could try Gloucestershire Archives, they may be able to point you in the right direction re the Gloucester Assizes.

Gloucestershire Archives
Following on from Julie's post above

This is all i have been able to access

Published: Saturday 20 May 1967
Newspaper: Reading Evening Post
County: Berkshire, England
a full report to the coroner of the circumstances surrounding the death of 74-year-old Sonning Common ex-gardener Mr. Swinfield Thomas. Mr. Thomas collapsed and died at his home Fir Tree Cottage. Bishopswood Farm estate on Thursday after being involved ...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Published: Thursday 22 June 1967
Newspaper: Reading Evening Post
County: Berkshire, England
during a neighbour's squabble, a Henley inquest heard yesterday. A few minutes later the pensioner, retired gardener Mr. Swinfield Thomas, died of a heart attack at his bungalow

https://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/search/results

gibbo

Loyal Member
Published: Friday 21 November 1930
Newspaper: Western Mail
County: Glamorgan, Wales

Remarkable admissions were made at the Ilereford City Police-court on Thursday when Dumayne Swinfield Thomas, described as a tea-seller, of no fixed abode, appeared on remand charged with the non-payment of L6B 18s., arrears of ...

you have all been so kind. You have located more information of Swinfield than I have been able to find in years. How do you get all that information so quickly?. :)I am on ancestry but I seem to go around in circles. I am very happy to research myself I love it but I dont know where to look. Hopefully with time I will get asyou all then can pay things forward too. Is there such a thing as a household registry for servants? Do you all have a subscription to newspaper archives to be able to get this information. Swinfield was sentenced to jail in 1922 as he had a bigamist marriage to my nanna. After serving time there they meet up and had another child (my dad) 1926, in 1932 he was put in church orphanage after she married a Tilling. would really like to find a photo of his father Swinfield before he dies. I can not believe there is not one out their. This Thomas family is proving very hard to locate i have plenty of people on ancestry with the odd name of Thomas family but nothing a direct lead. HELP. new year has begun in nz

gibbo

Loyal Member
Do you all have a subscription to newspaper archives to be able to get this information.
The below link will take you to the British newspaper archives. If you register with them you get 3 free searches, it is free to register. After you used your 3 free searches and if you wish to search some more you will have to subscribe and pay.

https://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/

Thank you. I did locate the 1930 info but when i tapped on page of paper article it took me straight to the have yo pay subscriptions. No free searches given. Not sure what Im doing wrong.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaveHam9 1841 Census Request 3
DaveHam9 Deaths 10
DaveHam9 Australia & New Zealand Genealogy Roots 9
DaveHam9 Births 11
DaveHam9 Births 9
DaveHam9 English Genealogy Roots 1