• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

torjai

:) hi to everyone. i am from melbourne australia and have been here since the 1960s. i never new my relations who are all from england. my parents never spoke about my grandparents. so now i am trying to trace them. i am looking for my fathers side the harpers around manchester. my mothers side davies.bradbrook from yorkshire,.i would appreciate any help you can give thank you in advance torjai

pee wee

Hi Torjai welcome to the forums,

You will find a lot of really friendly & helpful people here. Just post your queries on the relevant forum with any detail you have. If you have your parents marriage certificate that will give you their fathers name. also any dates you have will help as well.

Happy searching

cheers Peta

patrickw

Hello Torjai and welcome. This year I was reunited with 'long lost relatives' from Australia, mainly thanks to the great advice and assistance offered my members on here, so good luck in your search
Best Wishes
Pat

JMR

Valued Member
Hi Torjai,

Welcome to the site. I am also from Melbourne Australia and I came out here in 1967 from Bradford, Yorkshire.

I hope you have lots of fun tracking your ancestors on the site.

Cheers,
Jill

duckweed

Loyal Member
Hi looked at your name Bradbrook because I hadn't heard it before. Seems to be quite rare in Yorkshire and seems to stem from Irish family arriving in Huddersfield before 1851. (possibly because of Irish Famine) They seem to be centred around Fullford Langfield and Wakefield in later census records. There is a note of a Bradbrook emigrating to the USA arriving at Boston. Can't access any more info I'm afraid. When did your family emigrate?

sterico

Loyal Member
Welcome to the FHUK forums.
We wish you continued success in your research, and may your brick walls be demolished!
If you require help all you need to do is,
Post your requests, with as much information as you already have, on the appropriate forum/s, and our friendly and helpful members will help you as much as they can.
Again welcome and we hope you enjoy your time here on FHUK.
Best regards sterico