• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Tower of London Marriage....Help!

I've only recently got into family history and the thing about this currwent Brick Wall is that I'm just not sure who or where i need to go to get more information.
Right, here we go.... I know that Elizabeth Cates Knapp married Albert Harris at the Royal Chapel of St Peter Ad Vincula (e.g. Tower of London...How cool!) on 2nd August 1913. I know that Albert's occupation was listed as "Foreman of Works" and that his father Charles Harris' occupation was listed as "Independent". I assume ths means living off independent means. I also know that Albert was living in Colchester at the time of his marriage but i have no idea if he had speciic links with Colchester. I also know that Albert was 30 when he got married so he must have been born around about 1882/3. I also know that Charles was presne tat the marriage (all info from the marr cert).
My aim is to trace Albert's family back but I can't distinguish him from the other Albert's on the census.Same problem with Charles. Can any one get married in Tower of London? Must they have had a special connection? Who do i contact to fnd out? What should i be asking them?

Help!:'(