• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Trial of Richard Bustin in 1834 at Warwick Assizes.

gwenythgreen

Valued Member
Trying to verify that this is my Ancestor, This gentleman was tried for Arson and executed on 15 August 1834.

Was he the father of Thos (Thomas) Bustin from Wolvercott, Thos proffesion in 1851 census was boatman, Mother Elizabeth was a coal merchant no records found for 1841.

The Bustin family are very elusive during this period.

Thank you.
Gwen

gibbo

Loyal Member
:eek:The jury only consulted for a few minutes before returning a guilty verdict.
Nothing yet mentioned about his family but im still looking.

gibbo

Loyal Member
He was 46 and from what i can work out from a article his neighbour was named YOUNG. This article has a fair few names in it.

A different article says he lived at Brailes for 14 years. Looks like it says Brailes. He was married with 6 kids.

I have saved these articles in case you want a copy of them.

Last edited:

gwenythgreen

Valued Member
He was 46 and from what i can work out from a article his neighbour was named YOUNG. This article has a fair few names in it.

A different article says he lived at Brailes for 14 years. Looks like it says Brailes. He was married with 6 kids.

I have saved these articles in case you want a copy of them.
Hi, Thank you for that, As far as I know Richard only had 4 children, I have his wife Elizabeth age 67 in 1841 and son William age 27 living in Woolvercott, she a Coalmerchant and William a Apssistant ??

Missing are John b 1812, Missing from all census, Richard missing from 1841 census only, and Thos (Thomas) missing from 1841 and 1861.

I do know that in 1851 Thomases occupation was boatman, cant understand why they keep appearing and disapearing.

Thank you.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi, Thank you for that, As far as I know Richard only had 4 children, I have his wife Elizabeth age 67 in 1841 and son William age 27 living in Woolvercott, she a Coalmerchant and William a Apssistant ??

Missing are John b 1812, Missing from all census, Richard missing from 1841 census only, and Thos (Thomas) missing from 1841 and 1861.

I do know that in 1851 Thomases occupation was boatman, cant understand why they keep appearing and disapearing.

Thank you.
If they were delivering on the river boats or barges Gwen, they were easily missed from the census.:)

Steve.:)