• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Trying to find Marriage

Gooch1920

Hi

I am trying to find the marriage of Phyllis Miles Born 1922, she is an aunty I have never met as she ran away when she was young, I have been told she got married, we think it was to a Arthur Kirk in 1941, but I have been unable to find any records of this. Phyllis mothers maiden name was McBride and her father was Reginald Bertie Miles.

I would be very gratefull for any help on this.

Thank you
Ann

MagsVS

Hi, I've found a marriage of Phyllis Miles to Arthur Kirk, July - Sept quarter 1941, registration district Edmonton, Vol 3a. The page number against Arthur Kirk is 3205 but against Phyllis it is 3203, I have checked the images so it could be a GRO error.

Website
www.legal-advice-forum.com
Records of marriages today consist of church banns, marriage bonds or contracts, as well as a formal license and certificate depending on the year and location the wedding took place and are usually kept by the church or county official responsible for records. These are called primary sources because the records were made at the time of the wedding or close to it by persons of authority. Other places to find marriage records are newspaper announcements of an engagement or ceremony, family bible records which keep track of family births, deaths, and marriages, as well as obituaries. Although these are not as reliable as a primary record, they offer some information that may be used to acquire a verified copy of the marriage.