• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

trying to trace burton

davej

hi.i am trying to trace my gr gr gr grandfather his name was robert graves burton born 1832 somewhere in canada.he then came to england.the first trace of him in england is the 1871 census living in plumstead kent.then 1881 living in hanwell middlesex.he married a elvira page b1836 in london in 1857 in chelsea.his occupation is on the census as a general practioner.can anyone help please.dave

Lincoln Lad

1861 take a look at this one
RG9; Piece: 409; Folio: 47; Page: 1
Recorded on Ancestry as Robert George Bunton, must admit that image does say George though. Married to Edana? and sister in law Frances Page and son Robert G age 2.

Last edited:

Lincoln Lad

BURTON, Robert Graves Head Married M 79 1832 Doctor Of Medicine And Surgeon Canada Resident
BURTON, Aimee Lydia Wife Married (married 2 years? no children) F 48 1863 London
DEANE, Richard Hill Asperne Son Single M 24 1887 Engineer Shift Electric Light Coy Ealing London
DEANE, Aimee Kathleen Asperne Daughter Single F 20 1891 Hanwell London
+2 servants and a widower visitor.

RG14 Piece:6869 Reference: RG14PN6869 RG78PN343A RD128 SD4 ED2 SN136
Registration District: Brentford Sub District: Brentford
EnumerationDistrict: 2 Parish: Ealing
Address: 26 King's Avenue Ealing County: Middlesex

There is a marriage in September quarter 1908 for Robert Graves Burton, on the same page is Aimee Lydia Deane.

Last edited:

leefer

Loyal Member
Hi Dave...after reading his obituary i must say what a life he must have had...to be a surgeon during the Crimean War must have been both horrendous and exiting at the same time...good luck.

calliek

Can't find a birth for him in the Canadian records on Ancestry - online records for Canada are pretty sporadic prior to 1850. But based on that obit I would say the family was Anglican- might be able to track his father's church posting in Canada around the yob. Also since he went to McGill University in Montreal there might be some records of him attending/graduating.