• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

trying to trace grandparents

Can anyone help, trying to trace grandparents William Ellis Jones DOB 29/12/1913 died 29/01/1997 married to Mildred ??. They had two sons Robert Anthony and John Emlyn. From Denbighshire.
William had sisters Eurwen,Gwladys and ??Susie. Many Thanks.

Hi,

Don't know if this is them but....

William Ellis Jones was born in Wrexham so looking in the Wrexham area of Denbighshire, and going by his year of birth 1913 I looked at mid to late 1930's first and I have found this: -

William E Jones Maried Mildred Davis Jan- March Qtr 1937 Wrexham Denbighshire, Vol 11b Page 565.

As I said at the start not sure if this is them but it is a start!

Hope it helps in some way

Happy Hunting

Claire

Thank you, I have tried looking on BMD, I don`t know great grandparents` names, it was a photograph of them, I have recently come across,that started me searching.It is not until you lose family that you realise how ignorant you are.I haven`t got any one left to ask.I have managed to trace my mums side back to 1657! but dad is causing me trouble. Kind Regards.

Hi
This is a long shot as there are so many people with the same names in Wales.
However by searching for the same mother's to children with the names you mention I found that the only one which came up for William 1913, Susy 1915, and Gladys 1919 was PARRY. They were all born in Llanrwst Denbighshire. Then there is a Eurwen J born 1910 in Llanrwst, but parents name not given.

The only thing is Williams birth was the Jul/Sep qtr of 1913 not Oct/Dec as you have it, which could blow the whole theory.

There must have been more than one couple with the names Jones/Parry living in Llanrwst, but these are additional children from parents with those names
Robert O 1912, Blodwen 1913, Myfanwy 1914, Catherine F 1914, Naomi 1916, Thomas J 1916, Trefor 1916, Hugh H 1917, Mary E 1919.

Looking at the census returns Eurwen appears to be the dau of John Jones 1873 Anglesey a blacksmith and Ann 1874 Capel Garmon Llanrwst, who had children Annie 1900 William 1904, John 1908 and Eurwen Jane 1900 all in Llanrwst reg district. They are on 1901 census ref RG13 5241 36 12.

There is a marriage of John Jones and Ann Parry O/D 1897 Bangor ref 11b 866
It may not mean anything but Bangor is the biggest town/city between Llanrwst and Anglesey

I hope this may give something to work on, but eveything needs verifying, as it could be totally wrong

dave

Thank you for your help, but think we are on wrong track...William Ellis (my taid) was definately born 29/12/1913, remember his birthday well, as just after Christmas.Eurwen was born in 1912 she will be celebrating her 99th birthday very soon.I have asked her for help but so far have had no reply.Kind Regards