• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Um hi everyone

Hi, I'm Shaun I'm 23 male and from New Zealand. I kinda stumbled onto this site and am hoping it can help me with my research into the (currently sketchy) past of my family.

Currently I am working on my mother's mother's family which we can roughly trace back to their immigration to New Zealand. Im mainly interested in finding Emily Jane and George Watkins who came to NZ with their 2 young daughters on the ship Jessie Osbourne in the year 1876.

Any help would be much appreciated and I look forward to talking to some interesting people

prefabkid

Hi, I'm Shaun I'm 23 male and from New Zealand. I kinda stumbled onto this site and am hoping it can help me with my research into the (currently sketchy) past of my family.

Currently I am working on my mother's mother's family which we can roughly trace back to their immigration to New Zealand. Im mainly interested in finding Emily Jane and George Watkins who came to NZ with their 2 young daughters on the ship Jessie Osbourne in the year 1876.

Any help would be much appreciated and I look forward to talking to some interesting people
Hi Shaun welcome

I'm sure someone on the site will be able to help you.

Have you any other details on Emily and George,such as where they were living or originated from,it may help narrow down the field since Watkins is a common name.Any idea of birth dates etc,.

prefabkid

According to what info I have so far found. George was 25 at the time of the voyage making his birth date some time in 1851, Emily was 24 making he birth year 1852. George was a Labourer from Glostershire county (according to the ship records)(our family tree puts them in Bristol but being unfamiliar with the uk i dont know if these are the same area).

Their daughters names were, Martha (born circa 1873 and Charlotte (born circa 1875) We also know from the ship records that Charlotte died during the trip. (with our tree stating that both girls died)

That is pretty much all I know about them so far. Thanks anyone who can help

Lynne Ryan

welcome HELLO SHAWN.I'M LYNNE FROM AUSTRALIA AM POSTING A SITE IT MAY BE OF SOME HELP IF NOT ITS INTERESTING ...WILL POST A COUPLE YOU CAN GO THRU AS WELL ...HOPE ITS HELPFUL .IF YOU GET STUCK ON ANYTHING POST..THIS IS ONE GREAT HELPFUL SITE SOME ONE ALWAYS HAS SOMETHING TO POIST AND ITS DOES COME IN HANDY ..GO THRU FULL SITE ITS VERY INTERESTING ,EVEN IF ITS NOT YOUR FAMILY NAMES ,YOU RECOGNISE OTHER NAMES THAT HAVE COME YOUR WAY AND IT CAN HELP OTHERS IN TRACING THEIR FAMILY EVERYONE HAS STORIES AND ITS SO MUCH KNOWLEDGE ONE GAINS THRU OUT

http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp/sId./kbId.337/title.First+Fleet+Convicts/qx/knowledgebase.htm

THIS IS ONE NOW FOR ANOTHER .
http://www.freesurnamesearch.com/search/ausnzp/newsouthwales.html.
NOW HERE IS ANOTHER...
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp
HAVE FUN SEARCHING...LETS ALL KNOW HOW YOU GO ..CHEERS FROM AUSTRALIA ...LYNNE:D