• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Under Staffed

gibbo

Loyal Member
Went away the other week and since we dont have KFC where i live, thought i would take a little drive down to the KFC in the town i was in and get my bread rolls and gravy. Then disaster struck:( As the drive thu line up was so long that it would have passed lunch time and gone into tea time i thought i would go into the shop part itself and get my goodies. The shop part was closed :eek:due to understaffing so they were only running the drive thu part. I didnt bother with it and left. When i asked around about it apparently they are ok to work for but are under staffed due to no one wanting to work nights or week ends. And with unemployment so high:confused: Get them of their lazy rear ends and make them work i say. Decades ago they wouldnt have had a choice but to work if they wanted to survive.
And while im on a roll:rolleyes: some of the young unemployed all seem to have the lasted gadgets in computers etc:confused:

pee wee

The manager who runs that KFC should get some backbone & sack those who wont work & hire someone else. I'm sure there are a lot who would appreciate some work & they don't have to be youngsters either. Work ethic in the young has gone out the window .

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi Peta,
Maybe i was just cranky cause i didnt get my bread rolls and gravy:rolleyes:

I would go back to work in a flash if i could and even working at KFC wouldnt be a problem neither. Probably wouldnt want to eat it then tho:eek:

pee wee

Hi Peta,
Maybe i was just cranky cause i didnt get my bread rolls and gravy:rolleyes:

I would go back to work in a flash if i could and even working at KFC wouldnt be a problem neither. Probably wouldnt want to eat it then tho:eek:
I wouldn't eat it. :eek: I only like their twisters. A lot of the fast food places here are taking on older staff lately. I often see a 40 plus behind the counters these days. Or in checkouts. They can be a little inflexible with their rosters though. :(

I wouldn't eat it. :eek: I only like their twisters. A lot of the fast food places here are taking on older staff lately. I often see a 40 plus behind the counters these days. Or in checkouts. They can be a little inflexible with their rosters though. :(
My 16 year old daughter worked for KFC and the stories she could tell
would make your hair curl, personally i won't eat their tucker.:mad:

Oz

The manager who runs that KFC should get some backbone & sack those who wont work & hire someone else. I'm sure there are a lot who would appreciate some work & they don't have to be youngsters either. Work ethic in the young has gone out the window .

How do you sack someone if they don't work:confused:

KFC only want kids, lower pay rates, pay more to older staff and prices will go up,hence less business, so it's a catch 22.

Oz

ianto73

Valued Member
Re: Under Staffed

All because, poor ol' Gibbo didn't get her rolls and gravy.

Didn't you think of self service.

Steve.

Pom Steve, you should have some sympathy for those down under........they don't have these places on their doorstep. It takes me 5 minutes to walk to KFC, passsing three Fish and Chip Shops and 3 Burger/Kebab shops on the way. But I pass them all to get to the club for a nice pint of Thwaites Bitter at affordable price of £1.60. I know they have it harder than me which I why I'm so nice and tolerant to these nice people on here!:biggrin::biggrin::2fun::2fun:

Still same weight from 6 years ago!!:2fun::2fun:

Brian

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Need to put on a few pounds this time of year mate. Gotta build up the body for winter.

Yeah...you gotta feel for those yokels. What else do they miss out on.:confused:

No wonder there's a population explosion going on down under.:rolleyes::2fun:

PomSteve.:)

leefer

Loyal Member
I got very worried last time i went to the KFC.

I was served by a giant chicken.....who proceeded to lie down in a vat of spicy breadcrumbs.....looked up with a smile and said............do you fancy a leg or me wings:eek:

Ellie

Loyal Member
Went away the other week and since we dont have KFC where i live, thought i would take a little drive down to the KFC in the town i was in and get my bread rolls and gravy. Then disaster struck:( As the drive thu line up was so long that it would have passed lunch time and gone into tea time i thought i would go into the shop part itself and get my goodies. The shop part was closed :eek:due to understaffing so they were only running the drive thu part. I didnt bother with it and left. When i asked around about it apparently they are ok to work for but are under staffed due to no one wanting to work nights or week ends. And with unemployment so high:confused: Get them of their lazy rear ends and make them work i say. Decades ago they wouldnt have had a choice but to work if they wanted to survive.
And while im on a roll:rolleyes: some of the young unemployed all seem to have the lasted gadgets in computers etc:confused:
Hi Gibbo,
Whilst I agree with some of what you say, all unemployed people are not lazy. A while ago I experienced an awful ordeal at work and was effectively bullied out of a job I really liked. I was ill for a while,and when I began looking for work again I had a tough time finding something. Its a common misconception that when people are unemployed, they're lazy- I believe this is wrong, and I feel strongly about it.
I agree there are some completely bone idle people out there that my taxes (and millions of others) help to keep!, they don't deserve any help. On the other hand there are some genuine hard workers out there that just want a decent break, yet they get tarred by the same brush, this is so wrong in my opinion.
I'm saddened to say Its the same as regards disability, people very often decide that someone isn't disabled, like they have a right to judge them, and are not even medically qualified to make such a statement anyway..but if they find themselves in an unfortunate situation they're the first to moan about it.
:)

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi Gibbo,
Whilst I agree with some of what you say, all unemployed people are not lazy. A while ago I experienced an awful ordeal at work and was effectively bullied out of a job I really liked. I was ill for a while,and when I began looking for work again I had a tough time finding something. Its a common misconception that when people are unemployed, they're lazy- I believe this is wrong, and I feel strongly about it.
I agree there are some completely bone idle people out there that my taxes (and millions of others) help to keep!, they don't deserve any help. On the other hand there are some genuine hard workers out there that just want a decent break, yet they get tarred by the same brush, this is so wrong in my opinion.
I'm saddened to say Its the same as regards disability, people very often decide that someone isn't disabled, like they have a right to judge them, and are not even medically qualified to make such a statement anyway..but if they find themselves in an unfortunate situation they're the first to moan about it.
:)
Hi Ellie,
I probably could have worded that better. I know not all unemployed people are lazy.
Sorry to hear about you been bullied. My son went through a terrible time at one job he had a couple of years back. It was also carried on outside of work hours and the police become involved on several occasions. Long story but my son suffered really badly through this and eventually the bully got locked up for a while due to other "matters".

Need to put on a few pounds this time of year mate. Gotta build up the body for winter.

Yeah...you gotta feel for those yokels. What else do they miss out on.:confused:

No wonder there's a population explosion going on down under.:rolleyes::2fun:

PomSteve.:)
Pom,

What's it Winter already over there, our winters last officially 3 mths but they are only good 6-8 weeks.

Mate you should move to Aussie I'ts the land of milk and honey and plenty of money [not that i've got much tho] and almost no unemployment, and there's plenty of poms and Irish for you to mix with. :biggrin::biggrin:

Oz