• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

University of Giessen re Jefferiss

Having emailed the university at the weekend. I had a reply today !!

From the Archivist-
Robert Reubens Jefferiss qualified at the University of Giessen on the 8th April 1842 as a Doctor of Medicine,but he was not matriculated as a student at our University.

From Franz Kossler work Annals of Medicine Faculty 1834 -1870 is the entry about the doctorate of Robert Reubens Jefferiss on the 8th April 1842

" Robert Rubens Jefferiss, born in London 1800, Member of the Royal College of Surgeons in London and Licentiate of Apothecaries Hall gave an Inaugural - Dissertation " On Aneurism " "

Sadly the docorate files of the 1800's mainly have been destroyed in the Second World War.

Some questions answered, some more to unearth.

Maddie

gibbo

Loyal Member
Having emailed the university at the weekend. I had a reply today !!

From the Archivist-
Robert Reubens Jefferiss qualified at the University of Giessen on the 8th April 1842 as a Doctor of Medicine,but he was not matriculated as a student at our University.

From Franz Kossler work Annals of Medicine Faculty 1834 -1870 is the entry about the doctorate of Robert Reubens Jefferiss on the 8th April 1842

" Robert Rubens Jefferiss, born in London 1800, Member of the Royal College of Surgeons in London and Licentiate of Apothecaries Hall gave an Inaugural - Dissertation " On Aneurism " "

Sadly the docorate files of the 1800's mainly have been destroyed in the Second World War.

Some questions answered, some more to unearth.

Maddie
Hi Maddie
Hey thats great! Its interesting stuff reading and finding things out about the ancestors. good work.

gibbo

Thanks Gibbo.

At least we now know he was not a student there !! He also says he came from London, that remains to be seen.

It just means that I think I shall have to start on all the Churches in London, and see what I can find.

Maddie
PS. Lee forgot to ask for a cup of tea while he was in Exeter !! I don't know who won the Football match.

leefer

Loyal Member
A cockney boy!..had a feeling the German connection would bare fruit.
Sounds like he was very prominent in his field for the day Maddie.......could say a CUT above the rest!
Swindon and Cream Tea Men drew 1-1 for what its worth...and didnt have no tea Maddie but a few liveners in the Duke of York.
Congrats on that bit of news.