• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Vaughan side of family

gaelwyn

Valued Member
Decided to finish researching my mothers side of family. Her cousin gave her a family history book he compiled in 1981, which went as far as her mothers grandparents (Saundersons) who emigrated from County Cork, Ireland, in 1864.

Have yet to research them as he had the basic information such as when they were married in Clonakelty and their parents and birth places.

There was not much information about their son, Alexander's (1865-1943) wife, Annie Jane Vaughan (1868-1930).
I know that A.J. had 6 siblings. Her parents were William Nathanial Vaughan (b1845 and Elizabeth Bell (funny that I'm stonewalled with EWB Bell on my dads side!)
They were married in 1867 in St. James Church in Sydney.
Vaughan family historians have W.N's parents as Henry Vaughan (1811-1871) and Charlotte Chasmar (1819-1893) and married in 1841 in Sydney (443/1867). W.N had 9 siblings.
Now my dilemma is that Henry Vaughan married Charlotte Chasmar in 1858 according to NSW BDM (417/1858) Another Henry Vaughan married Anne Balfour in 1842.
None of theses dates add up, especially with Williams birth in 1845!!:(

Can anyone shed light on this for me???

Cheers Gail