• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Vintage car fans

leefer

Loyal Member
Think it is a Rolls Royce,not sure on the model though.

Cracking photo and as i said the top of the bonnet it looks like the silver lady....then again it could be a Daimler:confused::biggrin:

The RC number plate could be the owners initials?

Peter Overton

i know who the owner was my grans uncle William Mosley he is the chap with glasses my gran is the one standing on her own to the left of the car in the second picture

leefer

Loyal Member

Hi Pete,this one is similar and a Rolls/Royce from the fifties....mid fifties i would guess......not 100% though so dont take my word.

The car in your pic looks earlier than the fifties though.

Robesur

I would also say it was a Morris. The Wheels are distinctly Morris and the badge and emblem on the front are the correct shape. If you could blow up the emblem it will have a disc on it with the Horsepower 8, 10, 12 etc. Although again I would not hazard a guess at this model but it is one of their larger ones.

Thr radiator is definitely not Rolls Royce, they are alway square in profile as per Leefer's picture