• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Wade's from the Isle of Man

Hi, I'm currently researching my family surname of Wade.
If you have any information whether any Wade emigrated or moved to the island, then I'd be very appreciative.

I am however, at a stumbling block and thats with regards Robert Wade who married Catherine Corlett on the 27/10/1729 in Jurby, IOM
I know that there was a Robert Wade born in 1679, with just his father mentioned as John (no mother named), but getting married at 50? :confused: (Thoughts on this?)

So please drop me a line and let me know if you know of a Wade over here on the Isle of Man. Stories, pictures, anything would be great.

Many thanks,
Paul Wade

For those who have Wade's in their family tree who were born on the island, then give me a shout, as I've some 300 plus Manx Wade's and another 100 or so still to connect.

joaby

I realize that the post that I am replying to is old, however there is no harm in taking a chance, is there?

I am helping a friend research his Wade family. His grandfather, John James Wade came to Canada as a British Home Child with his brother, Joseph, in 1889, after the death of their mother. I have not discovered what happened to their father. It appears that their parents were Joseph Wade and Margaret Jane Kelly.

I hope that you see this and that this Wade family has shown up in your research. Maybe you can fill in some blanks.

Thanks,
Joaby

Dakanb

I don’t know if this will get to you but I am currently researching my family tree and I am related to Joseph and John James Wade. Their dad is my great great grandfather. I live on the Isle of Man and have tried to contact a couple of family members living in Michigan. Please get in touch if this message reaches you!