• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

WALKER family from Ireland

Yes, I was expecting 'only surviving daughter' as well.

Eldest son fits, third son fits with middle name Shine baptised at St James and Charlotte married at St James - the closest CofE church to 20 Park-st.

Charlotte buried at Camperdown cemetery.

Page 268
Baptisms solemnized in the Parish of St. James Sydney in the County of Cumberland in the Year 1852
No. 2848 When Baptised: October 28th 1852 When Born: 27th June 1852 Eliza - William & Eliza Aldwell Abode: Philip Street Quality or Profession: Accountant Clerk By whom the Ceremony was performed: B. Lucas Watson

Can't tell if Eliza was born in Sydney or not from that record.

We have them in 1851 census so my guess is that she was born on the vessel.

Just looking over what we had, I didn't notice John and Jane's mar. details, nothing new from them though (Index)..

John Walker
Marriage: 1834
Marriage Place: Diocese of Cork & Ross, County Cork, Ireland
Spouse: Mary Shine
Source: Albert Eugene Casey, Eleanor L. Downey-Prince, and Ursula Dietrich.. Index of O'Kief, Coshe Mange, Slieve Lougher and Upper Blackwater in Ireland. 16 vols. Birmingham, Alabama: Knocknagree Historical Fund, 1952-1971.

Page 268
Baptisms solemnized in the Parish of St. James Sydney in the County of Cumberland in the Year 1852
No. 2848 When Baptised: October 28th 1852 When Born: 27th June 1852 Eliza - William & Eliza Aldwell Abode: Philip Street Quality or Profession: Accountant Clerk By whom the Ceremony was performed: B. Lucas Watson

Can't tell if Eliza was born in Sydney or not from that record.

We have them in 1851 census so my guess is that she was born on the vessel.

Birth cert., shows parish of St James, Sydney...

Edit: sorry you wanted birth place..

Geoff

Eliza Aldwell
Birth Date: 1852
Father: William Aldwell
Mother: Eliza
Birth Place: New South Wales
Registration Year: 1852
Registration Place: Sydney, New South Wales
Volume Number: V1852492 38A

Just looking over what we had, I didn't notice John and Jane's mar. details, nothing new from them though (Index)..

John Walker
Marriage: 1834
Marriage Place: Diocese of Cork & Ross, County Cork, Ireland
Spouse: Mary Shine
Source: Albert Eugene Casey, Eleanor L. Downey-Prince, and Ursula Dietrich.. Index of O'Kief, Coshe Mange, Slieve Lougher and Upper Blackwater in Ireland. 16 vols. Birmingham, Alabama: Knocknagree Historical Fund, 1952-1971.

Thanks Geoff.

One tree had Mary's name as SHINE or HUGHES. Don't know why.

That 1852 record is a CofE Church baptism - before Govt registration was introduced around 1855. I have one other baptism with the birth date listed but I know that one was born in England and baptised in NSW. I suspect with the gap between the dates that it might be a born vessel.

Did you see post #87?

That's the V= Volume = Church record = the baptism I got off film this morning and posted. :)

All those with a V are church records and baptisms expect in the case of Baptists :D where it is a birth registration record.

And marriages and burials usually without date of death.

He is listed as an accountant in early years and then as a clerk in Sands Directory at different addresses in Sydney.

I'll find something else to work on.

Back