• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Walter Mansel(Mancel) Bedford. 1852

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Could sks please have a look for the marriage of Walter Mansel(Mancel)Bedford and Elizabeth ??

In the 1901 census their place of birth is given as Middlesex, London, even though they were living in Somerset.

Walter's birth was registered in Kensington, Middx.

They have a son Sydney Thomas Bedford. 1888, who was born in Dunedin, New Zealand.

Thanks.

Steve.:)

nainmaddie

Loyal Member
Hi Steve

I have started lookin for you but my eyes are playing up tonight and I cannot read the screen properly or they are bad transcripts. I will try again tomorrow

Maddie

cannot seem to find anything much ,but heres what i got if its any use.
walter bedford;
b 17th aug 1852
christened;29 jan 1856
saint sepulchure london
parents john thomas and elizabeth.
got a walter marries an elizabeth parvin in brixton surrey 20th march 1889.
found lots of walters in london but over 10.000.also tried looking for sydney but no luck. suex

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
cannot seem to find anything much ,but heres what i got if its any use.
walter bedford;
b 17th aug 1852
christened;29 jan 1856
saint sepulchure london
parents john thomas and elizabeth.
got a walter marries an elizabeth parvin in brixton surrey 20th march 1889.
found lots of walters in london but over 10.000.also tried looking for sydney but no luck. suex
Thanks Sue, will have to see what pans out. This lot are a bit of a conundrum.
Will have to see if I can find John Thomas and Eliz. in the census and see what turns up.
Thanks again.

nainmaddie

Loyal Member
Hi Steve

Well ! I have found 11 marriages between1872 -1888 for Walter Bedford. Not one of them had the initial M. I cannot seem to able to find how to match with an Elizabeth with the correct matching date

Are there any parts of the country we could say that they might have married in other than Middx

I can type all of them in if you want me to. It was not my eyes last night it was the blasted pages. They were no better tonight

Maddie
I loved your reply to you know who this evening

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Steve

Well ! I have found 11 marriages between1872 -1888 for Walter Bedford. Not one of them had the initial M. I cannot seem to able to find how to match with an Elizabeth with the correct matching date

Are there any parts of the country we could say that they might have married in other than Middx

I can type all of them in if you want me to. It was not my eyes last night it was the blasted pages. They were no better tonight

Maddie
I loved your reply to you know who this evening
I'm sorry Maddie, but all I know is what came of the census in 1901. I would still think London.
I have found one for Eliz. Parvin the same as Susanwillis59, it seems 1889 could fit in with their sons Sydneys birth for 1888 but he was born in NZ.
But I'm guessing a bit really.