• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

War Memorials - Locke

ianto73

Valued Member
Hi Folks, as Remembrance Day approaches I thought I'd ask for some assistance. My maternal grandfather has always been a mystery, but according to my late mother he had brothers who lost their lives in WWI. I have the full list of Locke's from the CWGC website but haven't been able to match any brothers. We know that my Grandfather was not born in Lancashire, Leicestershire (we've never found a birth certificate for over 10 years or with the super help on this forum), but there is a possibility that Essex or the outer suburbs of London could be relevant. So, if anyone ever sees two or more Locke's on any local War Memorial anywhere around those areas, please let me know and then I can start the search. A long shot I know, but my cousin and I are determined to find out where our Grandfather was born, some how. I have no knowledge of any names, dates of birth at all. Many thanks, merci beaucoup; danke schon; diolch yn fawr!