• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

WC Athol Stanhope Forbes b1912 d 1981

Yes, following on from what Leefer and Brian have said, I couldn't be more grateful. Other BofB researchers have been looking for Athol Forbes' relatives for quite some years. So not only am I very pleased to find them but my other contacts are also really looking forward to have contact with them. So thank you so much. :):biggrin:

Hello Kirsten

I knew your grandfather, Athol Stanhope Forbes, his wife, Lorraine and child, Isobel, very briefly when they lived in the same village as we did in Lebanon. This would have been in the late 1950s.

I also knew your father very slightly when I moved back to Berkhamstead. We used to go to the cinema and I eventually bought a very old car from him - against his advice

It is interesting to discover this contact about a time that was very influential for me. If you would like to make some further contact please do so.

Frank

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
After three moderated posts user names turn green and the PM (Private Message) system should be used to exchange personal information such as an email address.

Please use the PM system to exchange personal details.

Dave

andygibb

I haven't been on here for ages and so glad to see someone else found this thread about Atholl

I am currently spending time trying to trace more of my Great Grandads details (Atholl grandad) but really struggling to find out much. I know he died in Burma (where my Grandad was born) but can't find much about him. You see my family did not know about his other children (Athol's mother and her three sisters) until i started tracing the family tree. ..so it was all very exciting. I had done family trees for loads of people before I started my own....ironic how mine became more interesting than anyone else's that I'd done!!! Hope you are all well....Andy

F Byrne

Hello Kirsten

I knew your grandfather, Athol Stanhope Forbes, his wife, Lorraine and child, Isobel, very briefly when they lived in the same village as we did in Lebanon. This would have been in the late 1950s.

I also knew your father very slightly when I moved back to Berkhamstead. We used to go to the cinema and I eventually bought a very old car from him - against his advice

It is interesting to discover this contact about a time that was very influential for me. If you would like to make some further contact please do so.

Frank
Trying for my 2nd post