• Welcome to Family History Forum ๐Ÿ”Ž

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource ๐Ÿ“š

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all ๐Ÿ”—

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Weird Speakers

gibbo

Loyal Member
My speakers just spoke to me:eek: I have them hooked up through the computer and was playing some music and then all of a sudden they spoke to me and said "hello" and said it twice at that:eek: I tried getting away from them and nearly tripped over the chair :2fun: :2fun: :2fun: Does anyone know if speakers can pick up things like taxi radios etc. I hope they can cause im home on my own tonight and dont like the idea of spooky speakers for company :2fun: :2fun: :2fun:

gibbo

Loyal Member
Yes speakers can pick up weird sounds .We used to be able to hear cb radio through the speakers in our electronic organ Alf Bushy
Hi Alf,
Thanks for that. It was spookie just sitting here minding my own business and then they "talked":eek: I will go and get them back out of the carport and hook them back up again.:2fun: :2fun:

crankypants

Loyal Member
Hi Gibbo

Just donโ€™t tell your children. They might use it against you later in life. If they ever have to testify against you theyโ€™ll say "mum hears voices from her speakers".:D :D :D

cheers
crankypants

gibbo

Loyal Member
To late CP, i yelled out to my son to come and rescue me :2fun: :2fun: All i get now from him is Heeeeello Heeeeeello:rolleyes: Even when he just left to go out he said bye but then stuck his head back in the door with a Heeeelllo and then took off. I have hooked them back up and they are behaving for now:rolleyes:

davelambert271

Loyal Member
Hi Gibbo

Don't believe anything youre told. People are just trying to make you feel better - In actual fact youre in the early stages of going la la

:2fun: :2fun: only joking

dave

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi Gibbo

Don't believe anything youre told. People are just trying to make you feel better - In actual fact youre in the early stages of going la la

dave
:2fun: :2fun: :2fun:
The worse of it is that when it happened i was listening to the Bee Gees and the song was called "words". I got words alright :2fun: :2fun: :2fun:
It was the quickest i had moved all day:rolleyes:

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
At school we had some speakers in the music room and when it was on but not playing music for the classroom to hear if you put your ear to the speaker you could hear music coming out but very very quietly when it was not playing the music at the usual volume. Anyone experienced that before? You had to put your ear up right close to the speaker to hear it.

gibbo

Loyal Member
At school we had some speakers in the music room and when it was on but not playing music for the classroom to hear if you put your ear to the speaker you could hear music coming out but very very quietly when it was not playing the music at the usual volume. Anyone experienced that before? You had to put your ear up right close to the speaker to hear it.
:2fun: :2fun: :2fun: Im still not getting that close to mine yet:rolleyes:

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Gibbo

dave
You were right in the first place Dave, Gibbo IS going la la.>:D :2fun: :2fun:

Just don't talk back to them mate, you'll be fine.:rolleyes: :2fun: :2fun:

Steve.:)

Karen Strother

Valued Member
Oh Gibbo, it could only happen to you! How scary for you, shame on the guys for poking fun :)2fun: :2fun: :2fun:)
Sorry Gibbo but is is kinda funny ! I don't know if I would have re-connected em tho!!
Cheers and have another wine mate!

gibbo

Loyal Member
Oh Gibbo, it could only happen to you! How scary for you, shame on the guys for poking fun :)2fun: :2fun: :2fun:)
Sorry Gibbo but is is kinda funny ! I don't know if I would have re-connected em tho!!
Cheers and have another wine mate!
Karen im still laughing and yeah feeling like a idiot thinking there was something spookie with the speakers :2fun: :2fun: :2fun:

Ellie

Loyal Member
Hi Alf,
Thanks for that. It was spookie just sitting here minding my own business and then they "talked":eek: I will go and get them back out of the carport and hook them back up again.:2fun: :2fun:
Hi Gibbo, I must confess I'd be 'startled' at that myself :2fun:

gibbo

Loyal Member
this is gibbo jounior when i got home mum had every speacker from inside out the front yard :( was not happy to see the front of the tv had been cut open to extract the speakers!!!! :'( :'( :'( mums on her way back to the computer so be prepared for her :2fun: :2fun: :2fun: help me im stuck with a nut

gibbo

Loyal Member
this is gibbo jounior when i got home mum had every speacker from inside out the front yard :( was not happy to see the front of the tv had been cut open to extract the speakers!!!! :'( :'( :'( mums on her way back to the computer so be prepared for her :2fun: :2fun: :2fun: help me im stuck with a nut
This is your mother here gibbo Jnr!!:mad: He has just left town:2fun: :2fun: