• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Well and truly stuck!

beccabb23

Hi there,

Although I have been researching my family history for a couple of years (on and off) I am still a beginner!

I have been focusing on my Dad's paternal side as they are so mysterious and I do like a challenge.

My main hurdle is that my Grandad's father's name is not on his birth certificate and his mother (Sarah Alderson Bland) never married... or so I thought.

When she died she was buried in the local Inghamite church, where most of the records were ''lost''. I talked to a researcher at my local library and she told me that there was a link between my great Grandma and a Jonas Bland. She said it is possible she was married in the Inghamite church in secret so that is why there is no record. My main question is what do I do now? Is it an impossible quest to find anymore information?

I am at a total loss to what direction I can take my research?

I hope I have made sense I do tend to talk in riddles especially when I am typing.. sorry in advance!

Kind regards

Becca