• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Well I never...

ptjw7

Loyal Member
Trying to tie up some loose ends, I found that I didnt have the birth dates for some of my 4x great uncles(William Murray jnr) children so I tried to find them!
In 1872 he had had 10 children, I found birth dates for the last 5 but not the first 5.
I searched everywhere but no births. I then remembered that he had been married before but that was of no help until I noticed that his first wife had died in 1864 and all the first 5 were born before 1864. So I tried seeking births with the second wifes name(Whitford) and found them.
As Jane Whitford was listed on the 1861 census as housekeeper I suspect she was more than keeping house.
I also found the first wife living alone in Plymouth in the 1861 census.
He sounds like a bit of a jack the lad!!

Still you cant choose your relatives!

Peter