• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Wentworth,and Dad.

leefer

Loyal Member
As Jay says where do i find the time for all this golf.....will be watching this week though not playing.

http://www.wentworthclub.com/golf/

Stunning countryside in leafy Surrey(not far from Ascot).....i go the whole four days but my sister is driving everyday rather than staying.

Anyway this year my sister and my neice will be joining me as we have decided after much thought that that is where Dads ashes will be scattered....he will rest for eternity at a place he liked,we went together a few times and he loved the ountryside and sport and he said that he would like to be there....a little piece of him will be returned to Hedge End his place of birth.

So i know where all the Magnolia trees are.....the course is surrounded in them and that is where he will rest.

It will be a happy time for me not sad....especially as i will be taking a nice bottle of Red to toast him.

So if you do catch a glimpse on the box........GIVE ME A WAVE:)

leefer

Loyal Member
Hi everyone,well i had the news last week that my mum had passed away.
She had been ill for a while though the last few weeks of her life was a fast decline.
As many know i had a strained relationship with her...as with my dad.
I did go to see her a month ago in hospital...i picked her sister up,my Aunt Betty and if truth be known it was a very sad occasion...she was very poorly and really not up for our visit,though i did get to say goodbye...so to speak.
Betty has been very good the last few years with my family research and i have talked in depth about mum and her younger days etc.
Mum had six children,one was adopted at birth....i have talked to my half sisters also.

Mum was not easy to get to know..i really did try but it wasn't to be...i will be her only child at her funeral on Thursday 13th....because she was my mum and even though her demons affected things she brought me into this wonderfull world....i am very sad that many issues will never be resolved...but happy that the illness that tormented her is no more

I hope that Noreen Hardiman(maiden name)..... my mum rests in peace now.