• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Westland family name search

Hello , My name is Ken and i've been searching for information on my families roots from the Andrews - Gerrard side and into the Westland side, My Grandparents names were Gordon and Helen Gerrard , Helen Gerrard was formally Helen Westland from Aberdeen Scotland.
here is where it gets confusing , here are some of the records i've found
my mother and fathers marriage cert. says lists her name as Helen Westland ,
my mothers birth cert. lists her as Nillie Macissac,
my mothers birth cert. lists her as Helen Brown ,
she did a border crossing in 1917 with my grandfather and she is listed as Nellie Westland
and My uncle Jack's birth cert. and his Marriage cert. lists her as Helen Westland ,
i have done so many searches i have no idea why i can't find her birth record , and i would love to know more about the time she was in Scotland but mostly i would love to find out who her parents were so i can continue my research.
any help would be appreciated

sorry i thought i posted that , she was born in 1893 , at some point she immigrated to either the U.S. or Canada and met my grandfather and were married ( thats another record i can't find ) and she died in 1972 in Sheet Harbour Nova Scotia

The headstone for Helen has her birth year 1886.
yes , thats right and she died in 1972 about 100 miles from where i live now
the problem i'm having is what was her actual name because the records i have that i know for a fact that are connected to her throgh family show different names , it's very confusing to me

Attachments