• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

What a gift.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
I have just recieved in the post, a package containing 15 cd's of research done by my new found 'cousin' Peter Ives.
And this all come about by joining this forum.
I am shaking with anticipation at the thought of going through this pile of discs.:eek: :eek: :2fun: :D :eek:
I am such a lucky, and a happy chappie. And I would like to thank all of you for your your help and friendship.
It's going to take me an age to go through it.
What a gift. :2fun: :2fun:

Steve.:) :kissu: :kissu: :kissu:

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Thats brilliant Steve, seeing the trouble you had tracing your Ives.
Well thats gonna keep you quiet for a while. :2fun:

Is that wishful thinking Julie.:biggrin: :biggrin: 10 minutes looking at it, and I'm already back.

Solved another mystery. relative in 1846 was transcribed on census as 'Farmer, Windsor'. Should have been, 'Framer, Windsor' Occupation and address mixed up.

Lived in the heart of the furniture industry in High Wycombe. He framed Windsor Chairs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windsor_chair

Steve.:)

marie44

I have just recieved in the post, a package containing 15 cd's of research done by my new found 'cousin' Peter Ives.
And this all come about by joining this forum.
I am shaking with anticipation at the thought of going through this pile of discs.:eek: :eek: :2fun: :D :eek:
I am such a lucky, and a happy chappie. And I would like to thank all of you for your your help and friendship.
It's going to take me an age to go through it.
What a gift. :2fun: :2fun:

Steve.:) :kissu: :kissu: :kissu:
OH, I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU STEVE. THAT IS SO TERRIFIC. ENJOY MY FRIEND.

MARIE44:)

Last edited:

patrickw

congratulations Steve, and congratulations to the site itself, for without the dedication of the Dave and the moderators, and all the people who subscribe and make it happen, you may still be 'in the dark'
Good luck in your future research and have fun ploughing through this lol lol
best wishes
Pat

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
congratulations Steve, and congratulations to the site itself, for without the dedication of the Dave and the moderators, and all the people who subscribe and make it happen, you may still be 'in the dark'
Good luck in your future research and have fun ploughing through this lol lol
best wishes
Pat
Thanks Pat, and another big thanks to all.

Steve.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
This is going to sound so ungrateful. But trust me I'm not.

Having all this info has handed me so much on a plate, it's almost taken the 'fun' out of it all.
I know you should never look a "gift horse in the mouth", but I feel a bit of a fraud.
There are so many out there who have been searching for years and here am I, 6 months on, with more than most could ever dream of.
My saving grace, so to speak, is that I'm filling in those tiny gaps that are missing, and that's it.

Oh tell me to shut up whingeing. But do you all understand what I'm trying to say.
I hope so.

Steve.:)

JMR

Valued Member
I say take the help where you can find it Steve, because it will surely bring with it a meatier problem to solve somewhere along the way, or tie 2 families together in a way you'd never imagined!

I love this kind of collaboration because the fun is also about meeting up with so many nice people who work with you to solve bigger and better challenges, swap photos or internet links that you hadn't found yourself.

I sometime feel like a terminal optimist, but hey it works for me!!!

Jill

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
leefer FHUK General Chat Room 2