• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

what about this for a name

sterico

Loyal Member
hiya lighty,
boniface is actually a popular name in ireland, in my location i know of 4 people with with the christian name boniface, also one of them has the same christian and surname , so his name is boniface boniface,

The boy's name Boniface \b(o)-nifa-ce, bon(i)-face\ is of Latin origin, and its meaning is "fortunate, auspicious". Boniface was the name of an innkeeper in a 1707 play "The Beaux' Stratagem" by Fahrquarm. Since then, it has been used as a name for a host. Name of a number of early popes.
Boniface has 5 variant forms: Bonfecio, Boni, Bonifacio, Bonifacius and Bonifacy.

Boniface is a very rare male first name and an uncommon surname (source: 1990 U.S. Census).

regards sterico

susanwillis59

Valued Member
totally not related to the previous subject,but came across a boatload of skirvings in a family tree on the axxxxxxxxxx site and they where related to one of my lot,but it was a no go email address so i couldnt contact em,.just wondered seeing as you are from the same neck of the woods as me if it was yours,or related to you.

gwenythgreen

Valued Member
Hi All

I have been tracing my mums tree back and have arrived at her ancesters the BACON family and one of those was called PARSLEY BACON, sounds a tasty chap! :2fun: :2fun:

Gwen :)

lighty

I can't seem to pin point where the Boniface name comes from, was it a maiden name, from way back, my particular Boniface is from Suffolk, his middle name of Lisle, must be a maiden name too, ohh i'm so impatient, can't find anything :mad:

Lighty.

brentor boy

Valued Member
St Boniface was born in Crediton, Devon, c 680. He is credited with converting Germany to Christianity and is patron saint of Holland. Would be considered a "good" name for a religious, particularly Roman Catholic, family.