• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

what else can i find out?

From
England
I have been looking into my great great grandfather, who died in ww1, and I have managed to find out his name, rank, unit, regiment, service no., age, date of death, and where he's buried. But what's next? What else can I find out? I am completely new to genealogy and this is the first person i've ever done any research into...

S x

I have been looking into my great great grandfather, who died in ww1, and I have managed to find out his name, rank, unit, regiment, service no., age, date of death, and where he's buried. But what's next? What else can I find out? I am completely new to genealogy and this is the first person i've ever done any research into...

S x

Hi,
If you can tell us his name would be a good start, along with what you have found out.
And then we can help you with your questions.

Give us what you have and we'll see.:)

Steve.:)

This is what i've got:

Private Chandler, W R
Unit: 2nd Bn
Regiment: Border regiment
Service No. 7617
Date of death: 26th October 1914
Commemoration: Zantvoorde british cemetery, belgium
Plot VI. Row J. Grave 16.
Additional Info: Husband of Sarah Chandler, of 39, Dove Row, Shoreditch, London.

Thats all I know so far, and that's all (apart from the name) come from CWGC

S x

You mention that you are new to Family History Research, first of all welcome to the most healthy addiction you can get!!

I publish a free guide to reasearching your family history on my website www.myfamilyhistorybook.co.uk and also have links to various useful online resources, many of which are completely free.

Best of luck,

Back