• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

What happened to Walter Beaven Ward.

Ronny

From
England
Hi I'm trying to find out what happened to Walter Beaven Ward b.1858, s/o Alfred Ward and Esther Beaven, Wilts./Gloucs. He md Harrette Fry and had 5 children and he disappeared not long before the 1891 census. Not having any luck.

Help please,

Regards,
Ronny.:(

Hi I'm trying to find out what happened to Walter Beaven Ward b.1858, s/o Alfred Ward and Esther Beaven, Wilts./Gloucs. He md Harrette Fry and had 5 children and he disappeared not long before the 1891 census. Not having any luck.

Help please,

Regards,
Ronny.:(

Hi Ronny,
What was his occupation, and where was he in 1881. And do you have names of any children.

Did he marry Henriette Fry in 1880.
Steve.:)

Last edited:
Hi, he was a farmer in 1881 in Marshfield,Gloucs. md. 1880

Children Esther Mary, Bessie,Harriet Beaven, Nellie and Joseph. I have the family minus Walter in 1891 and later.

Ronny.

Hi Rony,

Its either me or the site I use but I cannot find Harriett and family in 1891 or 1901, could you please give the ref eg. class, piece, folio and page no.

Hi What was was given as Harrietts maritial status on the census?

Have found 3 of the Ward children in 1901 with the Frys. I know its Walter your looking for but he may be near by.

Hi, yes, I've got Ward children in 1901 with Edwin Fry and one was a servant in Langley Burrell and one was Samuel Sloper, I don't have Harriette in 1901 she was with her brother in 1911 and now is listed as a widow.I can't find a death for Walter.

What I have has been sent to me without folio nos.

Ronny.

Last edited:
Hi Ronny,

Found a Walter B Ward on the Canadian passenger list.

Date of arrival 4 Sept 1892
Vessel Circassian
Port of departure Liverpool
Port of arrival Quebec and Montreal

Theres nothing to indicate who this man is only that the people listed before him has occ as cattle...... his occ hasnt been ditt'd nor is there an age for him. Also in 1917 on the incoming passenger list is a Walter B Ward.

Arrival date 17 Oct 1917
Vessel Aurania
Port of departure New York
Port of voyage Halifax
Shipping line Cunnard Line
Port of arrival Liverpool

Whether these are the same person as the 1917 lists Walter B Ward
which I would think thats its unlikely to be your Walter. :)
3rd G Company
104th Infantry
US Exp Force

Thanks for the passenger details, yes it's me on genes.

It's just Walter that is the puzzle. Can't find a death in this country, we've assumed he went abroad. Harriet is missing in 1901 but not in 1891 or 1911.She couild have gone to him because he was ill and died. He was maybe going to settle and send for the family. There is a Harriet on passenger list to new york bound for connecticut in 1891. I don't pay to use any sites except genes so haven't traced them in the U.S.

Ronny.

Hi Ronny,

I havn't come across Walter on the Canadian and the US census. Did find in 1901 a Harriett* Ward born abt 1857 Malmesbury, living in Heredforsdshire, occ seamtress/shirt widow but still had 'm' under maritial status. I'm assuming Walter was a tennant farmer as the place before the farm on the 1881 census image is Ashwicke Mansion. Have you looked to see if he left a will? I have been looking to see if there is anything for Hunters Hall Farm and Ashwicke Mansion (think its known as Ashwicke Hall), but I'm using an old laptop at the moment and it cant cope with to much, so it keeps crashing when mutliple windows are open (sure you wanted to know that) :biggrin: Will keep looking.

No, I hadn't found that entry for Harriet.I think she was b. 1852. I've not got acomplete picture about her as I'm doing this with another person who is better informed than me but what you say is interesting and will pass it on.

I had thought about a will for Harriet. My friend has the feeling he went to Canada/U.S.A. I can't find his death listed anywhere and can't think of an explanation.

Thank you for your help all gratefully received,

Ronny.

Back