• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

what is the best website ?

deisel

what is the best web site

what is the best web site to look up to see if any of your family members got married , so it can help to trace them some more.
Thanks.:kissu:

josie7644

Valued Member
Re: what is the best web site

Hi Deisel,

Not being a member of Ancestry, as Julie is, I always use Freebmd for finding marriages (as well as births and deaths).

:) Josie

woodlander

Valued Member
Any specific county?
Some areas have more material available than others by volunteer transcribers etc.
Happy to try to help if you want to give a few details :)

duckweed

Loyal Member
If you haven't a lot of money there are a number of free sites added together that can help depending on the county you are looking at. Or you can start as I did and go to the family history centre at your central library where they have loads of free resources and very helpful people to help you search,

BraisherT

Besides all the excellent resources already mentioned, if I don't find what I want on ancestry then I always google online parish clerk, and see if there are any look up services or available online databases there. Very patchy coverage, but I found a whole heap of free info that way for one of my families in Portsea :)