• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

What is your earliest memory?

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Just over 3 years old, seeing my dead grandfathers hand, hanging out over the side of his bed, at his home.
Although I didn't know he was dead at the time, I thought he was sleeping. Before I had the chance to see more of him, I was whisked away by my Mum.

Steve.:)

Ellie7

Loyal Member
All around the same age.3/5

Being caught stealing a tulip from a garden.
Going to Sunday School ,and my sister buying a loaf, and hiding it in the grass .When we came back out the swans had got it. (Bet they enjoyed it.:))
Eyeing up the WW1 German Gun that sat in the local park, but my Mother called me away before I could have a climb( was smeltered down around the end of WW2). She was pushing my pushchair, waiting for my elder sister school home time. Holding my Father's hand in the Main St. that was still just dirt, he was talking to a man about a shoe shop that was moving just across the street.Father taking me walks.Being stung on the tongue by a wasp that had landed unseen on my apple while walking to School.

Ellie

I was 3, it was Whit Sunday. I rememember meeting my brother for the first time, my mum holding him, the candlewick bedspread on the bed, my gran being there. my dad helping me to dress in my whit clothes, that had been made by mum's friend who was a seemstress. .....I was all in dusky pink, which changed to muddy pink once I had fell in the puddle' not far from where we loved! ...... In 1959 Whit Sunday was 18th May, by the way!

thecelticbard

Valued Member
Probably falling down the steps across the road from our house. I'd taken a rickety old stool to sit on and down I went. Can't remember what happened. Did it knock any sense into me, doubtful but I blame that on my lifestyle when people take the 'mick'! :2fun::2fun::2fun: