• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

What the FMP?

ptjw7

Loyal Member
Why Oh Why do they muck it all up!
Just tried to look up someone on the 1939 register on FMP and its all changed! Took 5 minutes to actually get to the register:confused:
Retraining my brain is going to take forever:mad:
Instead of a quick lookup its a brain ache and this near Christmas as well!
I know the register is on Ancestry but I can never find it when I want it(old age etc)

Peter

emeltee

Loyal Member
I haven't had any problems - yet! However yesterday I could not get it to download any images from the 1871 Census. I haven't tried today so it may be sorted. It was very slow downloading any images at all yesterday.

Sometimes it's change for the sake of change. It doesn't make the site work any better, and if they are going to change one page then why not do all of them.

ptjw7

Loyal Member
Oh dear, It's got worse - you now have to wade through 'World Records' to try and search 1939 register?
You then keep getting hints to upgrade to 'World Records' - IF I wanted world records I WOULD subscribe to them.
I only subscribed to FMP to get at the 1939 register it's now almost impossible!!
peter

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
emeltee FHUK General Chat Room 0
ptjw7 FHUK General Chat Room 4
Alison120 Genealogy General Help 4
emeltee FHUK General Chat Room 1
ptjw7 FHUK General Chat Room 0
Ellie7 FHUK General Chat Room 0