• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

WHEELER family

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello,

I found this marriage yesterday.

George Wheeler Bachelor Camden Farmer Camden Camden Jonathan Wheeler Jane (m. n. Marsh) Sawyer
Anne Fuller Spinster Cabramatta Living with Friends Camden Camden Joseph Fuller Catherine (m. n. Bates) Farmer
married in Church of St John's Camden
7 Oct 1858 By me Henry Tincombe
George signed, Anne (her x mark)
Witnesses: Henry V Reeves ?, Joseph Fuller

The Sydney Morning Herald - Saturday 10 June 1933 p.9
ST. JOHN'S, CAMDEN.
Anniversary of Consecration.
(BY ERIC RAMSDEN.)
Mrs. Samuel Wheeler, the oldest parishioner, preserves an interesting link with the past. Her husband came to Australia with his father, the late Jonathan Wheeler from Gloucester, in 1838. The Wheelers were sawyers. They were brought out by the Macarthur family for the purpose of preparing the timber for St. John's Church. The finest of the ironbark trees in the district were placed at their disposal. How splendidly the Wheelers, father and son used their material, can be seen in the roof of the church to-day nearly a century later. The woodwork throughout St. John's has been handled with exquisite craftsmanship. Samuel Wheeler died in 1909, aged 94. His widow, though now in her 90th year, still walks up the hill to service.

I'm wondering if they came assisted on a Bounty vessel in 1838.

I need FS. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Dave