• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Where can I find Divorce records 1935-1949

saraht43

Hey all,

I'm new to this site tho not to genealogy. But I live in the US and not sure how to search records in the UK. I've been helping a friend (who is originally from the UK) to research her family line.

She beleived all her life that her mom died during WWII but we recently found a second marriage record for her in 1949.

Her mom (Freda M. Churchman) married first Maxwell Wilhelm Bernhardt in 1935 in Hendon, Middlesex Co. He was in the military in WWII---my friend thought she died about 1943-44----but now believes they divorced---as Freda remarried to Harry W Cottis in 1949 in Southend on Sea Essex Co.

Is this information available to the public and if so where do I find it.

Thanks in advance
Sarah

oznannie

Loyal Member
Hi Sarah
I've details of the 2nd marriage from a popular paid site, you may want to order certificate.
As the bridegroom may still be alive, I'm not sure of the protocol so I will send you a pm.
Warmies from a very hot Oz:)

oznannie