• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Where do I find Divorce record?

From
Wales
Hi All

Where do I find the date of a divorce of Herbert Thomas Bustin and Phylis E.M. Middleton I know it should be about 1957 in the Berkshire area just would like to know exact date.

Gwen :)

Hi Gwen,

If you search the national archives for divorces they should be under series code J77. Im not sure what year they go up to tho.

gibbo

Hi Gwen,

If you search the national archives for divorces they should be under series code J77. Im not sure what year they go up to tho.

gibbo

Hi All

Thank you, Unfortunatly they all seam to be rather expensive to get the information from (over £29 as you have to subscribe to the site).

I am looking for the information to see if there was any legal reason why my so called father did not put his name on my original birth certificate.

To explain further my step brother was going with my mother and took her home to meet the family, when he returned to his RAF base at Braintree he left my mother at his home for a week when he returned home my mother was pregnant with me but by my step brothers father. This is bugging me as you may guess as it took him two years to own up that he was my father and put his name on an ammended birth certificate in 1959.

I do know this was the reason for the devorce, Just would like to know the date it took place.

Gwen :)

Blimey Gwen...and i thaught my early life was complex,if somehow you could find out ware i would pop in when work allowed to have a gander...it does seem divorce records are incredibly harder to track down...i am guessing many wasnt registered(i could be wrong)but any how keep the pecker up and no doubt your search for answers will be with you in not to long a future...Lee.

Hi Gwen,
I dont know much about divorces but i wonder if it went through court if there maybe a record for them at the local courts in the area they were in. If so maybe might be able to get a date from there. Again im not sure if this can be done or even if the courts would still have the records .. just a thought.

Hi Lee

At the time of my birth they were living at Harlow Estate, Marlow, my birth was registered at Amersham, and two years later they married at Aldershot so I would think the divorce was around that area.

Thank you lee.

I suppose in a way with my fathers attitude of abuse to me I feel that he was forced to bring me up when he did not want me, his attitude to his first family was the same as they spent time in children's homes and most of his children by the lodger were adopted at the time or soon after they were born.

Why have children if you don't want them ?

Gwen:)

Thats the age old question Gwen....living in Aldershot would suggest to me an army connection..seems abit random going from Marlow to Aldershot.
Will have a hunt about.

Back