• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

    Please read the following:

    Read the current rules of the forum

    Thank you

    If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Where to go next?

I have managed to track my great-grandfather back to the 1841 census, when it appears he and his older brother were living with an uncle and his family. I have no idea why and have now 'lost' the track back to my great-great grandparents. I have no idea who they were, nor where they were living (if alive!) in 1841.

In the 1851 census he is still with his uncle, but there is now shown a person who appears to be my great-great-great grandmother. However, she is not at that residence in the 1841 Census and a search based on the place of birth shown on the 1851 census only yields no further information.

Can anyone suggest how I might now proceed?



Similar threads