• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Where to go next?

Chad

I have managed to track my great-grandfather back to the 1841 census, when it appears he and his older brother were living with an uncle and his family. I have no idea why and have now 'lost' the track back to my great-great grandparents. I have no idea who they were, nor where they were living (if alive!) in 1841.

In the 1851 census he is still with his uncle, but there is now shown a person who appears to be my great-great-great grandmother. However, she is not at that residence in the 1841 Census and a search based on the place of birth shown on the 1851 census only yields no further information.

Can anyone suggest how I might now proceed?

Thanks

Peter

duckweed

Loyal Member

Chad

Thanks for that.

I suspected that might be the case. I am hoping that further research on the great-great-great grandmother may help and am also going to try to find my great-grandfather's baptism record to identify his parents.

I have started to search along his brother's descendants in the hope of perhaps finding a currently unknown relation who might have information.

Thanks again.

Pete