• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Which Newspaper?

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Philip Cubbage (Bath) is listed on F.H. Dougal unclaimed money registry. A bit of a longshot, but would like to find out more. The Philip I think it is died 1866 Islington. Or could be his son Philip born Bath 1839 died 1894 Woolwich.

Thanks. :)

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Think I may have found the article. Bath Chronicle and Weekly Gazette. 23 July 1863. I’m unable to view the whole article.

Its looks like claim to a debt. Advertisment appearing in a Bath newspaper some years ealier.

Last edited:

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Gibbo,

This is the one I found.

New Theatre Royal Bath: Leassee and manager James Henry Chute. Box Office
(under the direction of Mr Gifford).

Their respective debts and send in particulars of such claims to Mr Jno Bracher.
20 New Bond Street Bath [6] Phillip Cubbage to solicitors and others. Advertisement having appeared in a Bath Newspaper some years since respecting the above or......

Thursday 23rd July 1863.

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi Gibbo,

This is the one I found.

Their respective debts and send in particulars of such claims to Mr Jno Bracher.
20 New Bond Street Bath [6] Phillip Cubbage to solicitors and others. Advertisement having appeared in a Bath Newspaper some years since respecting the above or......

Thursday 23rd July 1863.
I can see part of the article your referring to on findmypast but it then sends me to British Newspaper archives and i used my searches up on there a few months ago and for some reason i cant find it in the newspapers i can get up when searching the british newspapers through the National library Australia:confused: I will keep looking.

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi Gibbo,

This is the one I found.

Thursday 23rd July 1863.
They are 3 different adverts but the index makes it look like one.

The New Theatre Royal Bath is a advert. on the top of the same page as the advert your asking about.

The next part.. Their respective debts etc is the advert above your Cubbage advert.

Attachments

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Thanks again Gibbo,

Still none the wiser. :). Going back to the institute in Bath, I’m wondering if he gave them some sort of artefact and they wanted to pay him for it. He was only a willow cutter. They were quite a poor family.