• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Who Remembers Parky?

leefer

Loyal Member
Who remembers Parky from the days of old....come to think of it not lets forget Nippy and Perishing.
Often remember the older people saying blimey....its Parky outside,he was often accompanied by Nippy and occasionally Perishing,i would look outside the door but no one was there:rolleyes:
I can confirm that this morning Parky made another appearance....not heard from him for a good few months now.
So did any of you have friends with funny names who popped up now and again?

Anyway i am just off now to say goodbye to Muggy and Scorching.

ianto73

Valued Member
I remember those three, and 'brass monkeys' as well. the one I miss most of all is 'common sense' not seen for quite a long time? And before the comments on sanity arrive, yes it could be worse - I could be normal!! :2fun::2fun::2fun::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ianto73

Valued Member
Not wishing to cast aspersions on the origination of 'parky', certainly a "British" saying, with the mountainous areas of England, Scotland, Ireland and 'god's chosen paradise' better known as Wales are more likely to use it.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Not wishing to cast aspersions on the origination of 'parky', certainly a "British" saying, with the mountainous areas of England, Scotland, Ireland and 'god's chosen paradise' better known as Wales are more likely to use it.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Oh dear......if living in a cold and parky wasteland, is paradise......good job I'm in Ireland.>:D:2fun::2fun:

gibbo

Loyal Member
How come the Welsh and Englishman have digs at each other? Is this a long running banter that has been going on for decades? [I know on the forum its all in fun and good humor]

But i once called a welshman a pom and got told never to do that :confused:

ianto73

Valued Member
Gibbo, it is only fair to tell you that the 'poms' are called whingers by many of your country-folk, which of course, is a totally alien concept for us "CELTS/TAFFS" and that could be the reason we don't associate the connection with 'poms'!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::2fun::2fun::2fun:
Now the English Ambassador to Elphin will no doubt disagree.:rolleyes:
Without banter between us all, life would be a bore, a laugh a day keeps the doctor away!!:biggrin:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
p.risboy WWII Ancestry 3