• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

William ALLINGHAM

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello,

I'm looking for the burial details for William in Sydney on 20 Jul 1908. He was born in NSW in 1834.

1900 NSW Sands Directory
ALLINGHAM W., 18 Hoddle st, Paddington

The Sydney Morning Herald - Monday 20 July 1908 p.12
FUNERALS
ALLINGHAM.-The Friends of the late WILLIAM ALLINGHAM are kindly invited to attend his Funeral, to leave his late residence, 17 McGarvie-street Paddington, THIS (Monday) MORNING at 9 o'clock, for Waverley Cemetery.
CHARLES KINSELA, Funeral Director,
Head Office 116 Oxford-street and all Suburbs.

It was Waverley Cemetery but I can't find the denomination or the row, grave, or MI details.

Also, spouse Lucy Eleanor. I have no burial date yet:

The Sydney Morning Herald - Saturday 20 April 1901
DEATHS
ALLINGHAM.-March 15, 1901, at her late residence, 3 Oatley-road Paddington, Mrs. William Allingham, sen., third daughter of the late Mr. James Anderson, chief clerk in Equity, Supreme Court, aged 62 years. At rest. Interred at Waverley Cemetery.

Regards,

Dave

Last edited:

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
The details are either on CD or on some subscription site because I've received posts here for others in my tree buried there.

Too many probably to ask by email for them all even if they are willing to do the look ups.

I'll have to check if the State Library has details for Waverley. They have some on fiche.

I've just spent another two hours at the local library going through the card index for burials at Gore Hill.