• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

William Boland/Bridget Ratchwood

pennywinks

Hi

My ancestor William Boland first appear in Leeds in 1851. The census just states 'Ireland' and I am trying to find out where in Ireland he/they came from. The 1891 stated 'Sligo' on son Patrick's census, but nothing else. How can I find out where they are from please?

Penny

pennywinks

Hi Julie

I can trace various members of the family all the way through the censuses to 1901 William died in 1866, I don't know when Bridget died yet. It's the leap back to Ireland I would like to make and I don't know how to trace them - unless I throw a barrel-load of money (which I don't have) at it. All I know is that they were in Leeds by 1847 but still in Ireland in 1843 when son Martin was born.

William Boland c1792
Bridget Boland c1807
Patrick 1825
William 1826
Mary 1831
Ann 1837
Andrew 1839
Martin 1843 (all born Ireland)
Bridget born 16 Feb 1861 in Leeds

If you can advise me how to do this I would be gratful!
Penny

sterico

Loyal Member
Hi Penny you might also have a bit of luck with your irish connection on looking for kin here is the web address http://www.looking4kin.com/
I had quite a bit of luck with it searching for my wifes ancestors, you can actually post your request on that site as well good luck stericoO0